Under these rules, a separate notification has been made regarding the final detailed procedures for the Mandatory Testing and Certification of Telecom Equipments (MTCTE). For the testing of the equipment for compliance with Essential Requirements, Indian Accredited Labs designated by TEC shall conduct the testing and TEC shall issue a certificate based on the lab’s test report.
Let's Transform your Business
Talk with an Expert
Jump to Section
What is TEC Certification?
The Department of Telecommunications (DoT), which is part of the Ministry of Communications in India, oversees the Telecommunication Engineering Centre (TEC), an independent organization. It oversees the development of telecom standards in India as well as the technical evaluation and certification of telecom equipment.
Manufacturers of telecom equipment can have their products evaluated and certified as compliant with Indian telecom standards and laws through the TEC Certification process. This procedure is intended to guarantee the equipment’s reliability, safety, and performance. Manufacturers have to send their products to TEC for testing and evaluation in order to receive TEC Certification. TEC will issue a certificate of conformity if the equipment complies with all applicable standards and laws.
Manufacturers of telecom equipment who want to sell their goods in the Indian market must comply with TEC Certification, which is a crucial requirement. It aids in making sure the apparatus is of a high caliber and complies with all necessary performance and safety standards.
Types of TEC Approvals
The Telecommunication Engineering Centre (TEC) in India offers a variety of telecom equipment approvals, including:
- Type Approval: This is the procedure for assessing and certifying that telecom equipment complies with the pertinent Indian standards and laws. All telecom equipment intended for use in India must have type approval.
- Conformity of Production (CoP) Approval: This procedure, known as Conformity of Production (CoP) Approval, allows TEC to confirm that a manufacturer’s production facilities and procedures are capable of producing telecom equipment that complies with the pertinent Indian standards and regulations.
- Testing and Certification of Telecom Equipment (TCTE): TEC uses this procedure to test and certify that telecom equipment complies with all applicable Indian standards and laws. For telecom equipment that is intended to be used in public networks, TCTE is typically necessary.
- Voluntary Certification Scheme (VCS): This procedure allows TEC to voluntarily certify that telecom equipment complies with all applicable Indian standards and laws. For telecom equipment intended for private network use, VCS is frequently used.
- Approval of Telecom Equipment for use in Public Mobile Radio Trunking Services (PMRTS): Through the approval of telecom equipment for use in public mobile radio trunking services (PMRTS), TEC accredits the suitability of the equipment for use in India’s PMRTS.
- Approval of Telecom Equipment for use in Public Mobile Radio (PMR): Through the approval of telecom equipment for use in public mobile radio (PMR), TEC accredits that the equipment is suitable for use in India’s public mobile radio services.
- Approval of Telecom Equipment for use in Public Land Mobile Radio (PLMR): The process by which TEC certifies that telecom equipment is suitable for use in India’s public land mobile radio services is known as the approval of Telecom Equipment for use in Public Land Mobile Radio (PLMR).
- Approval of Telecom Equipment for use in Private Mobile Radio (PMR): The process by which TEC certifies that telecom equipment is suitable for use in private mobile radio services in India is known as the approval of Telecom Equipment for use in Private Mobile Radio (PMR).
Why TEC Certification is Important?
TEC Certification is important because of the following reasons:
- Guaranteeing quality and safety: TEC Certification assists in guaranteeing that telecom equipment sold in the Indian market is of optimal quality and abides by the required safety and performance criteria. This assists in safeguarding consumers and verifying that they are using dependable and secure equipment.
- Fulfilling administrative regulations: TEC Certification is an administrative demand for telecom equipment that is planned to be used in India. To be able to market telecom equipment in the Indian market, producers must have their products tested and authenticated by TEC.
- Promoting equitable rivalry: TEC Certification assists in leveling the field for telecom equipment manufacturers by guaranteeing that all products meet the same criteria and regulations. This helps to encourage honest competition and motivate advancement in the telecom industry.
- Defending national interests: TEC Certification assists to make sure that telecom equipment used in India meets the essential criteria and regulations, which helps to protect the nation’s national interests and make sure the suitable functioning of its telecom infrastructure.
All in all, TEC Certification is a critical process that assists to guarantee the quality, safety, and conformity of telecom equipment in the Indian market.
Benefits of getting TEC Certification
Gaining TEC Certification has numerous advantages for telecom equipment producers, such as enhancing trustworthiness, intensifying customer reliance, and boosting competition in the Indian market.
Without TEC Certification, companies will not be able to offer their wares in the Indian market.
Obtaining TEC Certification demonstrates that a maker’s telecom equipment satisfies the necessary standards and regulations, which can improve the standing and reputation of the manufacturer and its items.
TEC Certification also helps to construct customer assurance in a manufacturer’s products by exhibiting that they have been verified and certified by a dependable third party.
Additionally, TEC Certification can help to minimize the risk of product recalls and responsibility by guaranteeing that telecom equipment meets the necessary standards and regulations.
This can assist to save manufacturers time and money in the long run. Moreover, TEC Certification can help manufacturers to stand out in a crowded market and differentiate their products from those of their rivals. This can help to raise their competitiveness and upgrade their market position.
Who Can Apply For TEC Certification
In order to secure TEC certification, the applicant must be a producer or approved agent of telecommunications apparatus or merchandise that is intended for utilization in India.
The TEC certification process is intended to guarantee that telecommunications instruments and products conform to the obligatory technical and safety norms prior to being used in the Indian market.
To apply for TEC certification, the applicant must submit a comprehensive and precise application form together with all related documentation, including testing reports and technical details for the apparatus or merchandise.
Eligibility Criteria for TEC Certificate
In order to qualify for TEC accreditation, the aspirant must adhere to the following requirements:
- The aspirant must be a producer or accredited representative of a telecom apparatus or commodity purposed for utilization in India.
- The equipment or item must follow the technical and safety regulations determined by TEC and other applicable bodies in India.
- The aspirant must present a comprehensive and precise application form with all pertinent papers, including test results and technical data for the equipment or item.
- The aspirant may be obliged to pay a fee for the TEC accreditation process.
Products Covered Under TEC Approval
TEC certification is required for a wide range of telecommunication equipment and products, including but not limited to:
- Mobile phones and other wireless devices
- Fixed line phones and other wired communication devices
- Modems and other networking equipment
- Antennas and other transmission equipment
- Optical fiber cables and other data transmission equipment
- Radio frequency (RF) equipment and devices
- Wireless local area network (WLAN) equipment
- Public switched telephone network (PSTN) equipment
- Other telecommunication equipment and products as specified by TEC
How do I get a TEC certificate for a product?
To obtain a TEC certificate for a telecommunication equipment or product, Gather all necessary documentation
- Complete the TEC application form
- Submit the completed application form and supporting documentation
- Wait for a decision
- If the application is approved, pay the certification fee
Types of voluntary testing certification
- Type Approval
- Interface Approval
- Certificate of Approval
- Technology Approval
Mandatory Testing and Certification of Telecom Equipment (MTCTE)
Mandatory Testing and Certification of Telecom Equipment (MTCTE) is a process by which telecommunication equipment and products are tested and certified to ensure that they meet certain technical and safety standards before they are used in the Indian market.
MTCTE is administered by the Telecommunication Engineering Centre (TEC), a national level organization in India that is responsible for certifying telecommunication equipment and products.
MTCTE is a mandatory requirement for certain types of telecommunication equipment and products in India. This means that manufacturers and other organizations are required to have their equipment and products tested and certified by TEC in order to be able to sell them in the Indian market.
The MTCTE process involves submitting a complete and accurate application form along with all relevant documentation, including test reports and technical specifications, to TEC for review. If the equipment or product meets the necessary standards, TEC will grant certification and allow it to be used in the Indian market.
MTCTE is designed to ensure that telecommunication equipment and products used in India are of high quality and meet the necessary technical and safety standards.
It is important for manufacturers and other organizations to carefully review the requirements and guidelines for MTCTE in order to ensure that their equipment and products are properly certified before they are sold in the Indian market.
MTCTE Certification Documentation
(Documents / Technical Details Required for TEC Certification)
Legal address proof of the Manufacturing Unit
⦁ Copy of Factory License mentioning the relevant product as the scope of manufacturing and indicating the address of manufacturing unit – in English as well in original language
The documents required for registration are:
⦁ Company Registration certificate: The acceptable document is either the Certificate of Incorporation issued by the Registrar of companies in case of a company or Partnership Deed in case of a firm or Establishment License wherein the address, business description, and activity is specified in case of a single owner proprietorship (e.g. Business License etc.)
⦁ Authorization Letter: A letter of authorization given the AIR company/firm to authorize a person to carry MTCTE related work on its behalf.
⦁ Affidavit or MoU Document: Any legal document clearly describing the type and validity of relationship between the AIR and foreign OEM i.e., for sale of its products in India.
⦁ AIR Authorization Letter: The authorization letter issued by Foreign OEM to AIR clearly authorizing the AIR to carry MTCTE related work in India on its behalf with validity mentioned.
Technical Details about the Product
⦁ Sample(s) along with user manual and accessories to run the product
⦁ Product name, Brand name and Model number
⦁ Safety critical components list
⦁ BoM (Bill of Material)
⦁ PCB layout and circuit diagram of the product
⦁ Main’s power / SMPS Layout and circuit diagram
⦁ Details of series models, if any – please refer the series guideline
⦁ Copy of marking label
⦁ OEM support to configure the product for functional testing, if required
Details of AIR (Authorized Indian Representative), in case of foreign manufacturer
⦁ KYC of AIR Company
⦁ Details of signatory person
Additional Technical Details in case of Cell / Battery
⦁ UN 38.3 test report (Transportation of Dangerous Goods) for lithium-ion cells and batteries
⦁ ISO 9001 certificate
These certifications are becoming increasingly important if you are selling telecom products. Additionally, there are numerous agencies that can lend a hand. Additionally, it saves you time and hassle.
The products covered in Phase-I:
Here is the products name that is covered under the phase-I of MTCTE:
- 2-Wire Telephone Equipment
- G3 Fax Machine
- Cordless Telephone
- ISDN Customer Premises Equipment
- Private Automatic Branch Exchange
The Products covered under Phase-II:
Phase II of the test involves checking other products by their standard.
- Passive Optical Network (PON) family
- Feedback Devices
- Transmission Equipment (SDH, Multiplexing Equipment)
The Products covered under Phase – III:
Here are the products name that are covered under the phase-III of MTCTE:
- Base station for cellular network
- Repeater for Cellular Network
- Compact Cellular Network
- Smart /CCTV Camera
- Smart Watch
- Smart Electricity Meter
- Tracking Device
- IoT Gateway
- End Point Device for Environmental Monitoring
- Equipment Operating in 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz. Band
The products covered in Phase-IV:
Here are the products list that are covered under the phase-IV of MTCTE:
- Transmission Terminal Equipment (DWDM, DXC)
- Optical Fibre (Single Mode)
- Satellite Communication Equipment
- Radio Broadcast Receiver
- Mobile Radio Trunking System
- HF Radio
- VHF/UHF Radio System Equipment
- PTP PMP Microwave Fixed Radio Systems
- IP Security Equipment
- LAN Switch
- Precision Timing Protocol Grand Master Equipment
- IP Multi Media Conferencing Equipment
- Mobility Management Entity (MME)
- Point of Sale Devices
- Conferencing Equipment
- Signalling Gateway
- Media Gateway
- Digital Subscriber Line Equipment
- Session Border Controller
- Base Station Controller (BSC)/Radio Network controller
- Mobile Switching Centre (MSC)/MSC- Server (MSC-S)/Gateway MSC (GMSC)/Gateway MSC- Server
- Equipment Identuty Register(EIR)
- Subscriber Identi Module (SIM)
- OTA Platform and Device Manager Platform
- Home Location Register (HLR) / Home Subscriber Server (HSS)/ Authentication Centre (Auc)
- Serving GPRS Support Node (SGSN)/ Gateway GPRS Support Node(GGSN)
- Serving Gateway (S-GW) / Packet Gateway (P-GW)
- Short Message Service Center (SMSC)
- Cell Broadcast Centre (CBC)
- Service Control Point (SCP)
- Operation Maintenance Center(OMC) / Element Management System (EMS)/ Network Management System (NMS)/Operation Support System (OSS)
- Gateway Mobile Location Centre (GMLC)
- Serving Mobile Location Centre (SMLC)
- Optical Fibre Cable
- Infiniband Switch
Requirements of TEC Certification
If you are looking to get your telecommunication equipment or device TEC certified, you will need to meet certain requirements. Here is a general outline of the process:
- Register your company with TEC: In order to get your equipment or device certified, you will need to register your company with TEC. This involves filling out an application and providing information about your company, including your business address, contact details, and the types of products you manufacture or sell.
- Submit a sample of your equipment or device for testing: After your company has been registered with TEC, you will need to provide a sample of your equipment or device for testing. This sample will be used to determine whether your equipment or device meets the relevant standards and requirements for certification.
- Meet the technical requirements: In order to get your equipment or device certified, it must meet certain technical requirements. These requirements may include standards related to safety, performance, electromagnetic compatibility (EMC), and other factors. TEC will provide you with a list of the specific requirements that your equipment or device must meet.
- Obtain documentation: In order to get your equipment or device certified, you will need to provide documentation that demonstrates that it meets the relevant technical requirements. This documentation may include test reports, certification documents, and other materials.
- Pay the certification fees: In order to get your equipment or device certified, you will need to pay a fee to TEC. The amount of the fee will depend on the type of equipment or device you are seeking certification for, as well as other factors.
Please note that this is a general outline of the process for obtaining TEC certification.
Documents Required for TEC Certification
Here is a list of common documents that may required:
Application form: You will need to fill out and submit an application to TEC in order to register your organization and initiate the accreditation process. This form will typically necessitate data concerning your business, the kinds of products you manufacture or sell, and your company address and contact information.
Technical documentation: You will need to furnish technical documentation that demonstrates that your apparatus or device abides by the pertinent technical criteria for accreditation. This documentation may encompass test accounts, accreditation documents, and other materials.
Safety documentation: In case your equipment or device has any possible safety risks, you will need to provide documentation that exhibits how these dangers have been managed. This may encompass documentation concerning any safety characteristics or measures that have been put into place in your apparatus or device.
EMC documentation: If your equipment or device has the ability to emit electromagnetic radiation, you will need to furnish documentation exhibiting that it complies with the pertinent electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) standards. This may include test records and other documentation.
User manual: You will usually need to provide a user manual with your equipment or device that includes instructions for how to make use of it securely and correctly.
Application Procedure for TEC Certificate?
To secure TEC accreditation, the applicant must take after the advances set out beneath:
- Get all important documents: This incorporates test reports, specialized determinations, and some other pertinent data about the gear or item being certified.
- Finish the TEC application: The application structure should be acquired from the TEC site or by reaching TEC straightforwardly.
- Submit the finished application structure and supporting documentation: The application and supporting documentation can be presented face to face or via mail to the TEC office.
- Hold up for decision: When the application and supporting documentation have been gotten, TEC will survey the application and settle on a choice on whether to give accreditation. This procedure can take a few weeks or months, contingent upon the multifaceted nature of the application and the accessibility of assets.
- When the application is endorsed, pay the accreditation charge: On the off chance that the application is endorsed, the candidate should pay a charge for the TEC accreditation procedure. The expense may fluctuate contingent upon the kind of gear or item being certified and the degree of the testing and accreditation required.
It is essential to take note of that the procedure for applying for TEC accreditation may fluctuate contingent upon the particular kind of gear or item being certified. It is the duty of the candidate to guarantee that they take after all important advances and meet all required criteria so as to effectively acquire TEC accreditation.
To apply for TEC certification, the applicant must follow the steps below:
- Collect all Documents: This includes test results, technical particulars, and any other pertinent facts regarding the apparatus or product being recognized.
- Obtain the TEC application form: The application form can be acquired from the TEC website or by getting in touch with TEC directly.
- Submit the filled-in application form and back-up documentation: The application and backing documentation can be presented in person or by mail to the TEC office.
- Wait: After the application and supporting documentation have been received, TEC will assess the application and make a resolution on whether to bestow certification. This process can take a few weeks or months, depending on the intricacy of the application and the access to resources.
If the application is given the go-ahead, pay the certification fee: If the application is accepted, the applicant will be expected to pay a fee for the TEC certification procedure.
The fee may vary depending on the kind of equipment or product being certified and the scope of the testing and certification required.
It is significant to note that the procedure for applying for TEC certification may differ based on the exact type of equipment or product being certified. It is the accountability of the applicant to make sure that they observe all necessary steps and meet all required criteria in order to confidently acquire TEC certification.
Fees for TEC Certification
The cost of TEC accreditation will be determined by the kind of telecommunication apparatus or mechanism you are asking for accreditation for, as well as other variables. TEC generally levies a fee for each kind of equipment or device that is approved, and the amount of the fee will differ in line with the precise type of equipment or device.
Aside from the accreditation fees, you may also be obliged to pay fees for testing and other services related to the accreditation process. For instance, you may require to pay fees for the testing of your equipment or device, or for the compilation of technical documentation or other materials.
It is always a good idea to consult with Inspired Certification Services (ICStask) directly to get the most up-to-date and accurate information about the fees for certification. You can contact ICStask by phone: +91 9654667173 or email: email@example.com
Please note that the fees for TEC certification are subject to change and may be revised periodically. It is always a good idea to confirm the current fees with ICStask before beginning the certification process.
How ICStask can help you?
Inspired Certification Services (ICStask) can help you navigate the process of obtaining TEC certification for your telecommunication equipment or device in a number of ways. Some of the ways that ICStask may be able to assist you include:
- Providing guidance on the certification process: ICStask can provide you with information about the process for obtaining TEC certification, including the requirements, steps, and documentation that you will need to provide.
- Assisting with the preparation of documentation: ICStask can help you prepare the documentation that is required for TEC certification, such as test reports, certification documents, and other materials.
- Representing you during the certification process: ICStask can represent you during the certification process and act as a point of contact with TEC. This can be especially helpful if you are located outside of India and are unable to attend meetings or other events in person.
- Advising you on any legal issues that may arise: ICStask can provide advice and guidance on any legal issues that may arise during the certification process, such as disputes with TEC or other regulatory bodies.
It is always a good idea to consult with ICStask that has experience in helping clients obtain TEC certification. We will be able to provide you with expert advice and guidance on the process and help ensure that you are able to successfully navigate the certification process.